Saturday, June 2, 2012





The Hair



Oh, the hair.  If you know me personally, you probably remember me having more hair than this at some time.  It was once down to my hips, and red.  Well, it's still red (at least the bottom half), but it's not so long anymore.  I was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis in the fall of 2010, and I flipped.  "My life is over!  My hands will get all shriveled and useless!  I can't have long hair with shriveled hands!"  So I cut it short.  And you know what?  It's a year and a half later, and my life is not over.  My hands are in better shape than they were (Yay drugs!) and I can do a whole lot of things, including having long hair.
I got a haircut today to get rid of the last of my layers, and I hereby declare that I'm growing it long again.  I'm also growing out the last of my henna, if I have the patience.  I might do one last big chop in a year or so to get rid of it.  Other than that, I'm sticking with my routine of 1/4" trims every three months.  It's currently 17" long measured from my hairline in front, over the top of my head, and down my back.
If you're interested in growing your hair long, this forum was a great help to me: The Long Hair Community

No comments:

Post a Comment