Sunday, August 26, 2012




Breakfast with the Critters

On weekend mornings, when I have more time, I like to share breakfast with the rats.  I sit down on the couch, open the cage door, and let them come to me.  Breakfast this morning was Fiber One Raisin Bran.  Yum.


Truffles, being a typical Rattus Norvegicus, likes the grains.  In her case, it's the bran flakes.




Our newest girl, Creme, is very skittish.  She will eventually come out, but only after Truffles has shown that it is safe.  She prefers the oat clusters or the raisins, but she'll scamper back to the cage to eat her prize.


Butterscotch is my clown.  Not only will she dive in headfirst, but she prefers the milk.  I was concerned at first, knowing that rats are lactose intolerant.  Then I remembered that it's almond milk, since I'm lactose intolerant.

After all of the flakes are gone and it's just milk, Creme loses interest.  Butterscotch keeps on drinking, and Truffles starts in on milk, too.  Cam commented that Butterscotch can join Gideon's army, since she laps at the milk.  Truffles can't, since she sticks a paw in and licks the milk off.


No comments:

Post a Comment